Are you starting to feel under the weather and want some comfort food? Want to boost your immune system at the same time? Here is a quick way to add garlic to a meal, grilled cheese with garlic and olives. The combination of garlic and Kalamata olives taste wonderful!
I start out with 2 large or 3 small cloves of garlic per sandwich. Peel skin off garlic and cut into slices. Sauté garlic in a nickel size drop of olive oil until very light brown. Remove garlic from pan.
Organic dairy products do not have growth hormones and antibiotics added, so I usually buy organic cheese and butter. If you do not eat dairy, thinly sliced Daiya Jack Style Block tastes nice. I usually have whole grain bread available, however, we were given a gift of sourdough bread with unrefined ingredients, so I used it for this sandwich.
I lightly butter one side of the bread with organic butter. Thinly slice either organic Raw Jack Style or Raw Mild Cheddar Cheese and lay it across the bread. Top cheese with garlic and three sliced Kalamata olives. Add a second slice of lightly buttered bread and cook on medium heat until both sides are browned.
Comfort Food Grilled Cheese with Garlic & Kalamata Olives
2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, sliced
2 slices whole grain or multigrain, unrefined bread
Organic: Raw Jack Style Cheese or Raw Mild Cheddar Cheese, thinly sliced
3 Kalamata olives, sliced
– Slice peeled garlic cloves. Add a nickel size drop of olive oil to pan on medium heat. Sauté garlic until very light brown. Remove garlic from pan to prevent overcooking.
– Butter two slices of bread, one side only. Place one slice of bread on pan, buttered side face down.
– Add sliced cheese to bread.
– Evenly top cheese with olives and sautéed garlic. Add second slice of bread, buttered side up.
– Cook each side on medium heat until lightly browned.
– If you do not eat dairy, thinly sliced Daiya Jack Style Block tastes nice.