I am all about Quick, Easy, and Flavorful. I love my Sun Dried Tomato Basil Kale Chips, but I don’t always have the ingredients. I created an alternative that is super easy and robust in flavor. This blend is a hit with all my guests. Hope you like it too!
Kale chips is a great way to increase your snacking pleasure using plant-based foods. They have a wonderful flavor like a chip, minus the calories. Enjoy this guilt free, tasty treat knowing each bite is packed with nourishment.
Savory Garlic Kale Chips
♥ Ingredients ♥
2 bunches of kale
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ancho pepper (also called ground ancho chile powder)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– After washing kale leaves, dry off excess water. Tear 2″ pieces off the spine of each leaf. Please note if the pieces are too small, once dried, they shrink into little crumbs.
– Massage olive oil evenly onto kale leaves.
– Blend garlic powder, cumin, ancho powder, and salt together.
– Sprinkle dry mixture on kale leaves coating evenly.
– Load coated kale leaves close to each other onto dehydrator trays. Dehydrate until crispy, approximately 4 to 6 hours. Delicious!
Ancho Pepper has a sweeter flavor.
Tear leaves into 2″ pieces.
Massage olive oil evenly onto kale leaves. Sprinkle dry mixture, coating evenly. Place kale leaves on dehydrator, snug together, but not overlapping. Dehydrate 4 to 6 hours.
Store kale chips in a sealed container. Maintain crispness by first adding 1 tablespoon of uncooked rice in the bottom of your container—same concept as drying out a wet cell phone.
I hope you enjoy the flavor of these chips.